This flower notebook has been used with intricate, detailed silhouettes for creative papercraft.
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Marquetry wood, Mount board, Gesso and brayer, Crackle paste, Distress Spray Stains, Twine, Kraft notebook
- Print or stamp your sentiment onto ivory card and apply some Antique Linen ink before spritzing with clean water to create a ‘mottled paper’ effect and mount onto the notebook securing with staples.
- Cut three strips of marquetry wood and apply a thin layer of white gesso using a brayer allowing the grain of the wood to show through.
- Die-cut the Large Stems flower and foliage from mount board and apply white gesso.
- Apply some white crackle paste to the die-cuts using a palette knife and leave to dry.
- Apply various shades of Distress Spray Stain to the die-cuts.
- Mount the wood strips onto a rectangle of kraft card and attach the die-cuts using a glue gun.
- Wrap a length of natural twine near the base and finish in a knot at the point where they cross over the die-cut shapes before mounting onto the notebook.