Trinket Box & Card
This classic clock face works perfectly either as a focal point or background element in mixed media projects and papercrafts. Mark a special hour with the two separate clock hands, just like this box and card set.
Other Supplies: Assorted Distress Inks, Assorted acrylic paints, Gilding wax, Assorted stamps, Plain wooden trinket box, Mount board, Natural sponge, Assorted Stamps & inks
- Cut a piece of Kraft card the same size as the top of a plain trinket box and apply detail using the Mixed Media dies before mounting onto the lid of the box.
- Die-cut the clock face/hands from mount board and trim to size before mounting onto the lid of the box.
- Paint the assembled lid using black gesso.
- Create the rust effect by applying the various shades of acrylic with a natural sponge starting with the darkest colour.
- Apply the pale blue paint by dragging the sponge across the surface and add some stamped detail.
- Apply a little gilding wax to the edges of the die-cuts to add contrast.
- Die-cut the lock face and hands from stencil film and apply to the white base card using repositionable spray adhesive.
- Apply your chosen Distress ink colours using the sponge applicators.
- Die-cut a stencil using one of the Mixed Media dies and use to apply some inked detail.
- Remove the die-cut clock face mask and apply your stamped sentiment.