Baby Boy Cot Quilt
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Create this beautiful Baby boy cot quilt, perfect as a gift.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Triangles, 1 1/2" H x 2 1/2" W Unfinished
- Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
- Sizzix Bigz Alphabet Set 4 Dies - Lollipop Shadow Lowercase Letters
- Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Bigz XL 25", 1 Pair
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: 1.5m plain white fabric, 75cm mustard and white print, 50cm plain blue, 25cm x 5 co-ordinating grey, blue and white prints, 50 x10cm fusible web, 100 x 80cm cotton wadding, Sewing thread, Pins, Sewing Machine
- Cut 1 x 22 1/2” x 30 1/2” from plain white for centre panel, and 1 x 100 x 80cm for backing.
- Using strip die and plates cut 4 strips from width of mustard and white fabric.
- Fuse web to the wrong side of plain blue fabric and using alphabet dies cut out 1 x a, 3 x b, 1 x o and 2 x y.
- Using triangle die cut out 19 sets of triangles from each of the 7 coloured fabrics (there will be a few triangles spare).
- Stitch 2 pairs of triangles, RS together, to make 2 triangles, and then stitch these, RS together, to make a square.
- Repeat mixing the colours and prints until you have made 128 squares.
- Lay the squares out in 8 rows of 16, and stitch each row, RS together, to make strips.
- Join the strips, RS together, in pairs so that you have 4 equal strips for the borders.
- Stitch a border, RS together, on opposite long sides of the centre panel.
- Stitch the remaining borders, RS together, to the top and bottom of the panel.
- Arrange the letters on the panel, fuse in place, and stitch by hand or machine.
- Layer the backing, WS up, wadding, and quilt top together, pin or tack and then quilt as desired.
- Stitch the binding strips, RS together, to make a long strip.
- Fold in half along the length, WS together, and press fold.
- Stitch the binding to the RS of the quilt, matching raw edges, miter the corners, and overlap the ends.
- Press the binding away from the quilt, fold to the back and stitch to the backing to complete the quilt.