Themes: Quilting & Patchwork
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Bigz Plus Q Die - Diamond Point
Other Supplies: Cream fabric, Blue fabric, Patterned blue fabric, Red striped fabric, Red gingham fabric, Sewing machine, Thread, Scissors
- Using the Sizzix Bigz Diamond Point die, die cut 1 square out of cream fabric; 8 triangles out of cream fabric; 8 rhombus shapes out of plain blue fabric and 8 rhombus shapes from patterned blue fabric.
- First create your colour section by sewing two blue and two patterned pieces together to create a rhombus shape.
- Next sew a cream triangle to each corner of the colour rhombus piece to create a rectangle shape.
- Repeat these steps three times so you have four of these rectangles.
- Next, using your square piece of fabric as a centre, sew the rectangles around the square (attaching the coloured corner of the rectangle to the right corner of the square each time).
- You should now have your quilted square shape, repeat this process (with different coloured fabric if desired) and make as many squares as you want depending on the desired size of quilt.
- Sew the squares together and bind the edges of the quilt to finish off.