Boy Mouse Softee
The new addition to our softee collection! Create your own cute mouse as a gift or for you!
Other Supplies: Cream Fabric, Gingham Fabric, Spot Fabric, Button, Pink and Grey Embroidery Thread, Cream Thread, Needle, Scissors, Stuffing
- To start your Softee you will need to die cut 4 arm pieces, 4 ear pieces, 2 head pieces, and 1 forehead piece, from the cream fabric. From the gingham fabric, you will need to die cut 4 arm pieces and two body pieces. From the spot fabric, you will need to cut 2 body pieces and 4 leg pieces.
- With the spot leg pieces, cut the feet off to form a desired trouser length for your mouse.
- With two of the spot trouser pieces, put right sides together, then with two of the cream leg pieces do the same but over the spot trousers. Sew round the edge, leaving the top of the leg open for the stuffing. Repeat with the other leg and trouser pieces, then stuff both the legs.
- With the gingham arm pieces, cut the hands off to form the desired length of the shirt.
- With two of the gingham shirt pieces, put right sides together, then with two of the cream arm pieces do the same but over the gingham shirt pieces. Sew around the edge, leaving the top of the arms open for stuffing. Repeat with the other arm and shirt pieces. Stuff the arm pieces, press the raw edges inwards and sew closed.
- Next, take 2 of the ear pieces, put them right sides together and sew around the edge leaving the bottom of the ear open for stuffing. Repeat with the other two ear pieces, then stuff them both.
- The ear pieces will now have to be sewn into the head pieces. Take one head piece and one ear, place the ear in the V cut out in the head, making sure they are right sides together, and stitch. Repeat with the other ear and head piece.
- Next take the head piece and line the forehead piece so the point of the forehead piece is at the tip of the nose. Sew along the edge, again making sure they are right sides together.
- Line the second head piece that same way as the previous, to the tip of the nose. Sew along the edge.
- Now the forehead is in place, you can carry on stitching the sides of the head pieces together. The ears will be on the inside, so once stitched, turn the fabric and ears the right way out.
- Stuff the head.
- Take two of your spot body pieces and cut the top half off to form the desired length to the top trouser.
- Take two of your gingham body pieces and cut the bottom half off to form the desired length of the shirt.
- Sew one gingham body piece and one spot body piece, right sides together, where you have just cut. This will form one full body piece again. Repeat with the other body pieces.
- Take your 2 body pieces, place them right sides together. Arrange the legs between the fabrics and sew around the edge trapping the legs in place. Once turned the right way the legs should be trapped at the bottom of the body. Make sure the top of the body is left open for the stuffing. Stuff the body.
- The head and the body now have to be sewn together. Press the raw edges of the openings inwards. Then hand stitch the joins together.
- Hand stitch the arms onto the body.
- Embroider the mouse’s face features.
- Cut out two small rectangles at the desired size of your mouse’s collar. Put the right sides together and sew around 3 of the edges. Turn the collar right sides out. Press the raw edge inwards, and hand stitched closed.
- Hand stitch the collar to the top of the mouse’s shirt.
- To finish, sew a button at the top of the mouse’s shirt.