New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Rustic Bouquet
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Circles
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Headband, Pink ribbon, Double side tape – 5mm, Scissors, White, turquoise, lilac and pink felt, Gold metallic/glitter fabrics, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tiny Attacher Stapler, Needle and white/gold thread, Toy stuffing, Pointed tweezers, Tulle (White), Hot glue gun, Unicorn horn template (free downloadable)
Step by steps (Headband):
- Begin by attaching double sided tape to the full length of outside edge of headband.
- Wrap a short piece of ribbon over each end, then cover rest of band, wrapping diagonally to help ribbon move along and securing ends with hot glue if needed.
Step by steps (Ears):
- Cut out 2 rectangles of white felt approx. 10 x 18cm and fold both in half (short ends together).
- Using the Sizzix Bigz 4” Circle die, cut out ears using the curved edges of the circle to shape (use image as a guide).
- Keeping folded, pin and sew around curved edges of both ears, sewing no closer than 1cm to folded edge.
- Thread headband through the 1cm at fold and slide ears onto band, secure discretely with hot glue.
Step by steps (Horn):
- Place unicorn horn template onto wrong side of fabric and mark. Cut out fabric.
- Fold fabric piece in half at bottom curve, right sides together, then sew along the side and top edge.
- Turn right side out and stuff with wadding.
- Holding the stuffed horn upside down, place the centre point of the headband width ways on opening, then pull the raw edges of the fabric over. Fold a 1cm seam inwards to both sides and pin together.
- Slip stitch along seam with gold thread.
- Secure length of the same thread to bottom left corner of horn using needle, then spiral the thread up towards top point. Pull taught to pucker the fabric then secure at back.
- If thread slipping off horn, tack it down along the back seam.
Step by steps (Flowers & Leaves):
- Using the Sizzix Bigz Rustic Bouquet die, die-cut several large and several small flowers from any one colour of felt. The die should cut min. 4 layers of felt at a time. Repeat with tulle.
- Starting with a small flower, loosely glue petals upright towards middle, then glue whole flower piece to the centre of the next.
- Repeat process, working from small to large and intermittently add in tulle flowers. The pointed tweezers may assist you in holding smaller petals.
- Next, die-cut multiple leaves from the gold materials using the other circles dies (repeat process of ears).
- Using stapler, pinch a small vertical fold at the bottom of each leaf and secure.
- Glue all flowers and leaves into position on the band using hot glue.