Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Themes: Holidays & Celebrations
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Wild Layered Flower
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Pretty Climber
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Paper Snowflakes
- Sizzix Bigz Alphabet Set 7 Dies - Serif Essentials
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 79PK - Just a Note Alphabet
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: String and twine, Paper, Pallet wood, Assorted acrylics and sponge applicator, Spray adhesive, Assorted card, Water, Glue gun, Adhesive glitter gems, Paint brush, Adhesive foam pads
- Create the sign from strips of old palette wood.
- Die-cut the letters to make up the phrase ‘SNOW PLACE LIKE HOME’ from thin scrap paper omitting the two ’O’s as these will be a snowflake for each ‘O’.
- Attach the die-cut letters to the wood using repositionable spray adhesive leaving space for the snowflake ‘O’s.
- Apply white and pale blue acrylic over and around the die-cut letter masks using a sponge applicator to blend the colours and peel away the letters before the paint is completely dry.
- Wrap lengths of various types of twine and string across the top part of the sign as shown.
- Die-cut two silver glitter snowflakes and two more snowflakes from different shades of green card.
- Die-cut three small and one large flower from cream card and soak in clean water for about 20 seconds.
- Pat the flowers dry with kitchen paper and place the end of a thin paintbrush into the centre of one of the flowers before forming the flower by wrapping it around the shaft of the paintbrush.
- Open up the flower and leave to dry before repeating with the other three.
- Use adhesive foam pads to secure the silver snowflakes in place and add an adhesive glitter gem in the centre of each.
- Die-cut the pretty climber die from silver glitter card and glue beneath the string together with the two green snowflakes as shown.
- Mount the flowers together and die-cut a couple of leaves before attaching to the base of your flowers. Mount the flowers in place on the sign using a glue gun.