Dining Room Pouches (Medium Red & White)
Add some colour to your dining room with these storage pouches!
The assembled pouch measures approximately 15cm x 15cm x 20cm (6" x 6" x 8").
Theme: Basic Shapes
- Fabric 1 - 90cm x 30cm red and white print
- Fabric 2 - 75cm x 15cm plain white
- Fabric 3 - 80cm x 20cm grey multi print - for lining
- Wadding - 80cm x 25cm
- Thread for piecing and quilting
- All fabrics are 110cm wide unless otherwise stated
- Seam allowance is 6mm (1/4")
- All fabrics are cotton
- RS - right side
- WS - wrong side
- Fabric 1 - Cut one 16.5cm square for bottom. Die-cut 24 Squares using machine and the Square, 2" Finished die. Die-cut 24 triangles using machine and the Half-Square Triangles 2 1/2" Assembled die.
- Fabric 2 - Die-cut 24 triangles using machine and the Half-Square Triangles 2 1/2" Assembled die.
- Fabric 3 - Cut one 16.5cm square for bottom. Cut one piece measuring 62.3cm x 21.5cm.
- Wadding - Cut one 16.5cm square for bottom. Cut one piece measuring 62.3cm x 21.5cm.
How to Assemble:
- Stitch red and white triangles, RS together, along the diagonal edge, to make 24 squares.
- Using the photo as a guide stitch the squares to the pieced squares, RS together.
- Again using the photo as a guide join 2 of these pieces together to make a larger square.
- Stitch the squares, RS together, in 2 rows of 6.
- Stitch the rows, RS together to make pouch sides.
- Layer wadding and sides, RS up, pin or tack and then quilt a desired.
- Stitch the side seam, RS together.
- Layer the wadding and orange squares together and quilt as desired.
- Stitch the quilted bottom to the sides, RS together.
- Stitch the lining sides, RS together, leaving an 8cm opening in the middle of the seam.
- Stitch the lining button to the sides, RS together.
- Stitch the lining to the pouch, RS together, matching the raw edges.
- Turn RS out through the opening in the lining side.
- Slip stitch the open edges together
- Tuck the lining inside the pouch and turn up edge to create a cuff.