Dining Room Pouches - Small
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Half-Square Triangles, 2 1/2" Assembled Square
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Fabric 1 – 75cm x 15cm plain white, Fabric 2 – 90cm x 15cm orange and white print, Fabric 3 – 60cm x 20cm grey multi print - for lining, Wadding 60cm x 20cm, Thread for piecing and quilting
Notes: All fabrics are 110cm wide unless otherwise stated, Seam allowance is 6mm (1/4”), All fabrics are cotton, RS - right side, WS - wrong sideCutting:
- Fabric 1 - Cut 24 triangles with machine.
- Fabric 2 - Cut one 11.2cm (4 1/2”) square.
- Using machine die-cut 24 triangles.
- Fabric 3 - Cut one 11.2cm (4 1/2”) square for bottom. Cut one piece measuring 43cm x 12cm.
- Wadding - Cut one 11.2cm (4 1/2”) square for bottom. Cut one piece measuring 43cm x 12cm.
- Stitch orange and white triangles, RS together, along the diagonal edge, to make 24 squares.
- Using the photo as a guide stitch the squares together into 3 rows of 8 squares.
- Stitch the 3 rows, RS together, to make pouch sides.
- Layer wadding and sides, RS up, pin or tack and then quilt as desired.
- Stitch the side seam, RS together
- Layer the wadding and orange print squares together, and quilt as desired.
- Stitch the quilted bottom to the sides, RS together
- Stitch the lining sides, RS together, leaving an 7cm opening in the middle of the seam
- Stitch the lining button to the sides, RS together
- Stitch the lining to the pouch, RS together, matching the raw edges
- Turn RS out through the opening in the lining side.
- Slip stitch the open edges together
- Tuck the lining inside the pouch and turn up edge to create a cuff.