Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
This chevron quilted throw is the perfect addition to your new home.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Bigz XL 25", 1 Pair
- Sizzix Bigz Plus Q Die - Twist, 9" Assembled
Other Supplies: Fabric 1 - 3.25m grey and white print, Fabric 2 - 3.25m plain white, Fabric 3 - 50cm mustard and white print, Backing - I.6m square wide cotton, or 3.2m 110cm fabric cut and pieced to make 1.6m square, Wadding 1.6m square, Thread for piecing, Sewing machine, Pins , Iron
Finished Size:Finished size - approx. 144cm (56 1/2”) square, Block size - 12cm (4 3/4”) finished
Notes:All fabrics are 110cm wide unless otherwise stated, Seam allowance is 6mm (1/4”), All fabrics are cotton, RS - right side, WS - wrong side
Cutting: Using the Twist die and Big Shot machine, cut 144 triangles from each of
fabrics 1 and 2.
Using the strip die and XL plates cut 6 strips across the width of fabric 3
- Stitch the white triangles to the grey triangles, RS together, along the diagonal side, to make a square. Repeat with all 144 pairs of triangles.
- Using the photo as a guide lay out the squares in 12 rows of 12 to create a chevron pattern.
- Stitch the squares together into 12 rows, RS together, and then stitch the rows, RS together to complete the quilt top.
- Layer the backing (RS down), wadding and quilt top (RS up), together, and pin or tack.
- Quilt as desired.
- Trim wadding and backing to same size as quilt top.
- Stitch the binding strips, RS together, into one long strip.
- Fold in half along the length, WS together, and press the fold with your iron.
- Stitch the binding to the quilt, matching the raw edges, mitre the corners and overlap the ends.
- Press binding away from the quilt top, fold over to the back, and slip stitch fold to the back of the quilt to complete.