This chevron quilted throw is the perfect addition to your home.
Other Supplies: Fabric 1 - 3.25m grey and white print, Fabric 2 - 3.25m plain white, Fabric 3 - 50cm mustard and white print, Backing - 1.6m square wide cotton, or 3.2m 110cm fabric cut and pieced to make 1.6m square, Wadding 1.6m square, Thread for piecing, Sewing machine, Pins , Iron
Finished Size:Finished size - approx. 144cm (56 1/2") square, Block size - 12cm (4 3/4") finished
Notes:All fabrics are 110cm wide unless otherwise stated, Seam allowance is 6mm (1/4"), All fabrics are cotton, RS - right side, WS - wrong side
Cutting: Using the Twist die and Big Shot machine, cut 144 triangles from each of
fabrics 1 and 2.
Using the 2 1/2" Strip die and XL 25" Cutting Pads cut 6 strips across the width of fabric 3.
- Stitch the white triangles to the grey triangles, RS together, along the diagonal side, to make a square. Repeat with all 144 pairs of triangles.
- Using the photo as a guide lay out the squares in 12 rows of 12 to create a chevron pattern.
- Stitch the squares together into 12 rows, RS together, and then stitch the rows, RS together to complete the quilt top.
- Layer the backing (RS down), wadding and quilt top (RS up), together, and pin or tack.
- Quilt as desired.
- Trim wadding and backing to same size as quilt top.
- Stitch the binding strips, RS together, into one long strip.
- Fold in half along the length, WS together, and press the fold with your iron.
- Stitch the binding to the quilt, matching the raw edges, mitre the corners and overlap the ends.
- Press binding away from the quilt top, fold over to the back, and slip stitch fold to the back of the quilt to complete.