Little Bird Cushion
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Add some colour to your soft furnishings with this Little Bird cushion.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Little Bird
Other Supplies: Assorted Fabric, Fusible Web, Needle and Thread/Sewing Machine, Iron, Hollowfibre Filling, Lace Ribbon
- Stitch two fabrics together to form the front of the cushion
- Where the fabrics meet, stitch a piece of lace ribbon along the join to embellish.
- Adhere fusible web to the reverse of patterned fabric using a hot iron.
- Die-cut the bird shape from the fabric.
- Position the die-cut bird shape in the bottom right hand corner of the cushion. Remove the backing paper from the fusible web and adhere using a hot iron.
- Stitch around the bird shape to appliqué.
- Cut a second piece of fabric. This will form the back of the cushion.
- Lay the front and back of the cushion right sides together, pin the edges together and then stitch with a 6mm seam - leaving an opening in one side.
- nsert hollowfibre filling, and then slip stitch the open edges together to complete.