Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Celebrate your birthday in style with this feather crown!
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Flowers, 3-D
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Feather
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other supplies:Various coloured felt, Hot Glue Gun & sticks, Self-adhesive A4 sheets, Gold Foil, Ribbon, Crop-o-dile or heavy-duty hole punch, Various shapes and sizes of coordinating beads
- Cut a 5cm strip of thick white felt to the desired length and make a hole in either end. Feed through two 10cm lengths of white ribbon and secure each into position using a knot. This will be the fastening for your crown.
- Die-cut various different colours and sizes of feather.
- Cut a rectangle of felt slightly larger than the feather shape and apply double-sided adhesive to the tip. Peel away the backing and then apply foil to the adhesive section before die-cutting to create a foil tipped feather shape.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach the feathers in layers starting at the back, positioning the back feathers higher than the other layers as indicated.
- Using the 3D flowers die, cut out several different coloured spiral flowers. Assemble each shape as indicated starting with the outside of the spiral and then securing at the base with hot glue.
- Again using the hot glue gun, attach the 3D flowers to the front of the crown as indicated. Decorate the center of each with a coordinating bead.
Tip: Use felt in shades of rustic browns, oranges and mustard for a Boys Crown and replace the feminine 3D flowers with layered die-cut circles created using the Sizzix Bigz Die - Circles 656333 embellished with matching buttons.