Victoria Findlay Wolfe Quilts
Victoria Findlay Wolfe traces her love for quilting to her grandmother, Edla Wolfe, a "crazy quilter" whose patterns were ahead of their time. Victoria's series of Double Wedding Ring quilts are based on happy childhood memories with her grandparents. Victoria is also a teacher, lecturer, fabric and thread designer, blogger and author of the popular quilting books, 15 Minutes of Play and Double Wedding Rings - Traditions Made Modern.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Elegant details enhance your life. With a little help from Sizzix, you can transform ordinary fabric into an extraordinary quilt to match your unique style.
Themes: Quilting & Appliqué
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Bigz Plus Q Die - Signature Block, 6" Assembled
Fabric 1 – 90cm peach floral print
Fabric 2 – 40cm white multi print
Fabric 3 – 20cm aqua geometric print
Fabric 4 – 20cm coral geometric print
Fabric 5 – 80cm plain white
Backing – 1m square plain white
Wadding – 1m square cotton
Needle and thread for piecing
Finished Size: approx. 90cm (36”) square
Block size: 15cm (6”) finished
All fabrics are 110cm wide unless otherwise stated
Seam allowances are 6mm (1/4”)
RS – right side
WS – wrong side
All fabrics are cotton
Fabric 1 – Cut 4 strips across width of fabric using strip die and XL plates
– Using 661649 cut 20 lozenges
Fabric 2 – Using 661649 cut 16 lozenges
Fabric 3 – Using 661649 cut 40 small triangles
Fabric 4 – Using 661649 cut 32 small triangles
Fabric 5 – Using 661649 cut 216 small triangles
How to Make:
- Stitch a white triangle to each side of an aqua triangle, RS together, to create a large triangle.
- Repeat once.
- Stitch these triangles, RS together, to each side of a peach lozenge.
- Repeat 19 times – 20 peach blocks.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with coral and white triangles, and white lozenges – 16 blocks
- Using the photo as a guide lay out the blocks in 6 rows of 6.
- Stitch blocks RS together in the rows.
- Stitch the rows RS together to complete the quilt top.
- Layer backing, RS down, wadding and quilt top, RS up, pin or tack through all layers.
- Quilt as desired.
- Trim wadding and backing to same size as quilt top.
- Stitch the binding strips, RS together, into 1 long strip.
- Fold in half lengthwise, WS together, and press fold.
- Stitch binding to the quilt, matching raw edges, mitre the corners, and overlap ends.
- Press binding away from the quilt top, fold over to the back of the quilt and slip stitch the fold to the backing to complete the quilt.