Embossed Gift Bag
Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Florals
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Vintage Texture
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Party Favour Bag
Other Supplies: Watercolour Paper, Plain Cardstock, Distress Inks, Water Spray, Double-Sided Tape, Peg, Brad
- Apply Distress Ink to the inside of the embossing folder. In this project two ink colours have been blended together.
- Spray lightly with water and place a piece of watercolour paper in between the embossing folder.
- Run the embossing folder through your machine. This will emboss the design onto the watercolour paper.
- Repeat this process and create two more embossed panels and allow to dry.
- Using the box template, die-cut two larger panels to create the front and back of your bag from your embossed panels.
- Select plain coloured cardstock. Die-cut two thinner panels (one for each side of the bag).
- Crease on the fold lines and assemble the box. Use double-sided tape on the tabs to the construct bag.
- Take the remaining embossed panel and die-cut two flower shapes. Matt together and join with a brad.
- Adhere the flower shape to a peg and attach to the top of the bag to embellish.