New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Express your style in everything you do, including your pincushions. From brilliant colors to eye-catching patterns, this creation accents any sewing room with your special vision.
Themes: Quilting & Appliqué
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - 2" Clamshell
Other Supplies: Tea Cup, Patterned Fabric, Plain Fabric (30cm x 30cm)Fusible Web, Hollow Fibre Filling, Iron, Needle and Thread, Pencil, Pins, Scissors, Sewing Machine
- Adhere fusible web to the reverse of your patterned fabrics using an iron and the manufacturer's instructions.
- Die-cut nine clamshell shapes from one adhesive-backed fabric and six clamshell shapes from a complementary adhesive-backed fabric.
- Position the clamshell shapes on a piece of plain fabric and heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Stitch around the outside edge of each clamshell shape using a zigzag stitch.
- Turn over and place the teacup upside down on top of the fabric and draw around using a pencil.
- Cut around the pencil line leaving a 4cm allowance.
- Hand stitch around the parameter of the circle. Leave plenty of thread at both ends of your stitching as this will act as a drawstring.
- Pull both ends of the thread to gather. Tie to secure.
- Insert hollow fibre filling while shaping to fit the teacup.
- Place into the teacup and add pins to finish.