New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
This project is 100% cupid approved. That means it's perfect for Valentine's Day, anniversaries, special dates or just because!
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Hearts
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 11PK - Birthday Numbers
Other Supplies: Cushion Cover, Cushion Pad, Beige Cotton, Black Fabric Paint, Black Thread, Fusible Web, Iron, Spray Adhesive, Stencil Brush, Stencil Paper, Vanishing Fabric Marker
- Apply fusible web to the reverse of your beige fabric using an iron and the manufacturer’s instructions. Die-cut a heart from the adhesive-backed fabric.
- Cut 4cm squares of stencil paper. Die-cut all of the numbers required from stencil paper, leaving the anniversary date of your choice out.
- Depending on the size of your cushion, draw a grid six squares across by five squares down using a vanishing fabric marker. Position your first number stencil over the first box. Use stencil paint and brush, take off excess on kitchen roll and then holding the stencil firmly, apply the paint onto the cushion.
- With numbers that have small parts you may need to apply spray adhesive to the reverse of the part to keep it into position.
- Leave a space where the anniversary date should be and use an iron to apply the die-cut heart. Hand or machine stitch the edge of the heart with black thread and a simple running stitch.