Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Take your creativity to bold new places! Embellished by your imagination, this 3-D work of art can be easily created with Sizzix dies from the Tim Holtz Alterations collection.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Village Dwelling
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Plain Heavyweight Card, Assorted Distress Inks, Assorted Distress Paints, Flower Soft (Autumn, Heather and Meadow), Paint Brush, Palette Knife, PVA Glue, Texture Paste, White Gesso
- Cut strips of card and attach to a rectangle of the same card before using to die-cut the door. Die-cut all the other elements used to create the house from the same card.
- Take the parts to create the walls and front step and use a pallet knife to apply a thin coating of texture paste to mimic the effect of roughly plastered stucco.
- Allow the stucco effect to dry and paint with white gesso when this has dried apply grey Distress Ink with a foam applicator to help enhance the detail.
- Paint the porch supports, window frames and door a deep red and use white gesso applied with a dry brush technique to enhance the detail.
- Assemble the house according to the instructions supplied with the packaging.
- Apply PVA glue to the roof and porch before adding various shades of Flower Soft. Once dry you can apply further layers to create a thick mossy effect.