Need some added inspiration? All the season's sweetest textures are right here. And thanks to the Sizzix Thinlits die used here, you can add dimension all your home decorations, like in this Stenciled Frame project.
Other Supplies: Store-Bought Wooden Frame, Plain Card, Mount Board, Assorted Stamps, Black Chalk Paint, Distress Ink, Foam Pads, Paint Brushes, White Chalk Paint
- Die-cut a Doily from plain card. Cut the Doily in half and attach to the top of a plain wooden frame.
- Cut a piece of plain mount board to fit the inside of the frame.
- Create various stencils using the acanthus swirl die selected from the three Mixed Media sets by cutting in the center of card rectangles and removing all the individual pieces leaving just the stencil.
- Use black and white chalk paint to mix a shade of mid gray. Paint the mount board for the inside of the frame and part of the frame itself.
- Use the acanthus swirl die through which to apply detail using the same shade of gray.
- Mix a lighter and darker shade of gray paint and use a dry brush technique to pick up the detail of the doily.
- Add stenciled detail using the two shades of gray paint to both the frame and the inside and add further detail using assorted stamps.
- Measure the rectangles of the Mosaic die and use a personal computer to create the photo images which are a couple of millimeters in dimensions.
- Print off the photographs and attach to mount board and crop using the Mosaic die.
- Mount the gray insert into the frame and use black Distress Ink to edge the photos before mounting into the frame using adhesive foam pads.