Scottie Dog Cushion
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz L Die - Scottie Dog
- Plain blue fabric – 45cm x 35cm (18" x 14") for cushion front
- Plain beige fabric – 45cm x 35cm (18" x 14") for cushion back
- Plain grey – 35cm x 15cm (14" x 6") for dogs
- Grey and white spot fabric – 35cm x 15cm (14" x 6") for dogs
- Plain pale blue fabric - 6cm square (2 1/2") for heart
- Fusible web – 35cm x 35cm (14" x 14")
- Grey piping cord - 1.25m (50")
- Cushion pad – 39cm x 28cm (15 1/4" x 11")
- Finished Size: 39cm x 28cm (Approx. 15 1/4" x 11")
How to Make:
- Cut fusible web into a 6cm square. Heat fuse to the wrong side of the plain pale blue square.
- Cut fusible web into two 35cm x 15cm pieces. Heat fuse to the wrong side of the plain grey and the spot fabrics.
- Die-cut one pair of Scottie Dogs in plain grey and one pair of Scottie Dogs in spot.
- Using the photo as a guide, trim the spot Scotties so that they look like a dog coat.
- Heat fuse the grey dogs to the cushion front (again using the photo as a guide) and then fuse the spotted coats to the dogs.
- Machine or hand stitch around the outline of the dogs.
- Hand cut a heart from the plain pale blue square. Heat fuse it between the dogs and stitch in place.
- Trim the cushion front and back pieces to measure 42cm x 31cm.
- Stitch the front and back cushion pieces, right sides together with a 1.5cm seam allowance and leave a 15cm opening in one side.
- Turn the cushion cover right sides out and insert the cushion pad.
- Slipstitch the open edges together.
- Hand stitch the piping cord around the edge of the cushion and securely fasten the ends together to complete.