Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
For school, work or home, you’ll keep organized with this notebook that you can personalize yourself. Sizzix dies make it easy to add your own style to every project.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Gadget Gears #2
Other Supplies: Plain A5 Kraft Notebook, Kraft Card, Mount Board, Assorted Alcohol Inks, Assorted Distress Paints, Pewter Gilding Wax, Screw Head Brads, Sea Sponges, Thin Wire, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Bands
- Cover the front of a notebook with assorted rectangles of heavyweight card and attach a few screw head brads.
- Die-cut the three gears from mount board and trim to size before mounting onto the notebook as shown.
- Paint the notebook cover with a dark brown acrylic. Blend some grey and deep red paint onto the cover, apply with a sea sponge for a more random effect.
- Use the same sponge to apply the lighter shades (greens, oranges and blues).
- Once the paint has dried, apply a little gilding wax to enhance the detail in certain areas.
- Take one of the metal word bands and apply various alcohol inks to give a distressed, weathered appearance. Attach to the notebook with thin wire.
- Finally, use the gilding wax to bring out the raised detail of the die-cut gears.