Feather Storm Lantern
My Life Handmade
My Life Handmade by Creative Rox celebrates home-sewn creativity by offering inspiring elements to create beautiful handmade pieces. Creative Rox, established in 2014, is an online creative retailer, stocking a range of products from some of today’s top creative brands. Their website provides a variety of ideas and inspiration with many helpful step-by-step tutorials and projects – from cards and invitations to gift wrap, scrapbooking and home décor pieces – for every age and ability of maker!View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
You can easily create these elegant candles for your own home or to give as a gift. Sizzix shapes make home decorating projects simple and elegant with versatile ideas that can be personalized to any style.
Themes: Decorative Elements
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - Dream Away
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit (White & Gray) with My Life Handmade Cardstock & Fabric
Other Supplies: Glass Storm Lantern, Candle, Metallic Card, Plain Card, Patterned Paper, Double-sided Tape, PVA Glue, Silver Ribbon
- Cover the bottom third of your storm lantern with patterned paper cut to fit with a 1cm overlap. Secure with double-sided tape.
- Using the border die from the starter kit, die-cut the border as many times as is required to go around your lantern and stick into position using PVA, trimming if necessary.
- Attach a length of double-sided tape to the glass, approximately 1cm from the top of the scalloped border. Take your length of ribbon and fix this into position by sticking to the double-sided tape before tying into a large bow. Trim ends at a 45° angle as indicated.
- Using the Feather shapes from the Dream Away Thinlits set, die-cut two solid feathers and one intricate feather shape from metallic card. Curl slightly by pushing against the edge of a scissors and then use PVA to attach the three shapes to the middle of the storm lantern, just below the bow, to complete the lantern decoration.