Victoria Findlay Wolfe Quilts
Victoria Findlay Wolfe traces her love for quilting to her grandmother, Edla Wolfe, a "crazy quilter" whose patterns were ahead of their time. Victoria's series of Double Wedding Ring quilts are based on happy childhood memories with her grandparents. Victoria is also a teacher, lecturer, fabric and thread designer, blogger and author of the popular quilting books, 15 Minutes of Play and Double Wedding Rings - Traditions Made Modern.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Follow this amazing pattern and watch great things take shape! It's sure to grab anyone's attention and easily showcases the principles of good design.
Themes: Quilting & Appliqué
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz L Die - Darts
|100cm x 112cm||Plain white||Cut (2) 35cm x 55cm (14" x 22") for the back panels
Cut (1) 45cm x 55cm (18" x 22") for the backing
Cut (10) pairs of mirror-image darts
|30cm x 112cm||Plain mustard||Cut (10) pairs of mirror-image darts|
|30cm x 112cm||Mustard star print||Cut (10) pairs of mirror-image darts|
|30cm x 112cm||Turquoise print||Cut (10) pairs of mirror-image darts|
|50cm x 55cm||Wadding|
|1||45cm x 50cm Cushion Pad|
- Finished Size: 45cm x 50cm (18" x 20")
- Read all instructions before starting the project.
- All seam allowances are 6mm (1/4") unless otherwise stated.
- Darts = smaller shape on the Darts die. Do not cut the larger parallelogram shape.
Piecing the Project:
- Stitch the turquoise print darts to the gold star darts, right sides together with points facing opposite directions. See Diagram 1. Repeat with all turquoise and star darts. Press the seams open flat to reduce the bulk.
- Stitch the white darts to the gold darts, right sides together with points facing opposite directions. See Diagram 2. Repeat with all white and gold darts. Press the seams open flat to reduce the bulk.
- Join the turquoise/gold darts to the white/gold darts. See Diagram 3. Press the seams open flat to reduce the bulk.
- Make four rows of five starting with turquoise/gold (rows 1, 3, 5 and 7), using the main photo as a guide.
- Make four rows of five starting with white/gold (rows 2, 4, 6 and 8).
- Join the rows together complete the cushion front.
- Layer the 45cm x 55cm backing, wadding and pieced front, right sides up, together and pin through all three layers, and trim the top to match the backing and wadding.
- Quilt as desired.
- Make a fold 10cm along one long edge of each 35cm x 55cm backing piece, and press.
- Fold again, and press – this will create an edge with three layers, stitch along the inside fold.
- Make three button holes equally spaced along this edge on one piece.
- Cut button holes open.
- Overlap the folded sides of the backs, with the buttonholes on top and tack the ends together through all layers.
- Stitch buttons in place on the plain piece.
- Lay the top and back right sides together and stitch around all four sides.
- Turn right way out and insert cushion pad.