Eileen grew up in a large art-loving family. She has applied her creative thinking to all sorts of life and career events – from adjusting to thirteen military moves and raising four children to developing popular craft product lines. In 2009, Sizzix launched her first ScoreBoards™ dies, specially designed to cut and score matboard and thicker materials. Eileen enjoys working with recycled materials and "treasures" from thrift stores, or even better, those found on the curb!View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Add fresh florals any time of year! The Sizzix Essentials collection captures springtime with many lovely floral dies that can complement any occasion.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Florals
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers w/Heart Petals
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Leaves
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 6PK - Hearts
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Black Cardstock; Florist Wire; Various Shades of Green, Pink and Cream Cardstock; Raffia; Small Glass Vase; Self-Adhesive Gems; Pink Tissue Paper; Glue Gun; White Gel Pen
- Die-cut several leaf shapes from different shades of green cardstock.
- Die-cut several cream cardstock flower shapes using the Tattered Flowers die and then curl each petal using the back of a scissors blade. Layer from the largest to the smallest shape using a hot glue gun to secure. Once the glue is dry, make a hole with a pokey tool through the bottom of the flower to penetrate the layers. Use a hot glue gun to attach to the end of a length of florist wire.
- Repeat this using the Flower Layers w/Heart Petals and pink tissue paper, attaching to the florist wire in the same way. Make three in total.
- Die-cut small green and cream flowers using the smallest shape on the Flower Layers die, stick these to the ends of florist wire using hot glue.
- Glue leaves into position and decorate the small flowers by adding a gem to the each centre.
- Write the word ‘love’ onto black cardstock using a white gel pen and then use one of the Heart Framelits dies to cut this out. Make a hole in the corner using a hole punch and then thread with twine before attaching to the neck of the vase and tying with a bow to secure.