"Embellish your life" is Dena's motto, and that’s exactly how her legion of fans – who value friendship, home, family and self-expression – live. As President and Creative Director of Dena Designs, Inc., Dena has beautifully juggled the roles of designer, businesswoman and mom while crafting a hugely successful company and lifestyle brand generating millions in worldwide sales. Her wide array of products includes home décor and accessories, greeting cards, gifts, craft items, books and more.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Dress up your favourite lampshade with a fine feathered die-cut shapes. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to make this colourful DIY project come to life.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Birds #3
Other Supplies: Lamp, White lampshade, Fabric, Pom-pom trim, Glue gun, Black thread and needle, Button, Iron-on fabric adhesive
- Use a hot glue gun to attach a length of pom-pom trim to the bottom edge of the lamp shade.
- Iron on fabric adhesive to the reverse of your chosen fabrics and then die-cut the large bird shape twice from different-coloured fabric. Trim a breast section by drawing around a saucer or similar. Fuse these two shapes together using an iron and then use an iron to gently fuse these shapes to the lampshade. Add a beak.
- Use the wing shape on the die to create small birds, again cutting two shapes and trimming to create a breast. Attach the small birds as indicated using the iron.
- Carefully stitch around the bird shapes using black thread and stitch legs onto all three birds.
- Complete the lampshade by adding a button for the eye.