Birdcage Wall Dcor
Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
This elegant idea is perfectly customizable to suit any style, and it's simple to make. The Birdcage Wall Décor uses eye-catching embellishments and Sizzix dies designed by Tim Holtz® to add a spring look to any room in your home. Just follow the simple instructions to make your own wall décor.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Caged Bird
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Florals
Other Supplies: Cardstock, Patterned Paper, Glitter Paper, Brads, Branches, Brush, Buttons, Cardboard, Distressing Ink, Foam Dots, Lace Trim, Moss, Netting, Pearl Drop, Pin, Ribbon, Rock Candy Glitter, Sheet Music, Stamps, Vellum, Waxed Cording Thread
- Die-cut Ornate Square out of cardstock. Trim off one side bracket. Cut a square piece of patterned cardstock to fit inside Square. Adhere to Square.
- Tear out sheet music. Watercolor music with brush and distressing ink mixed with water. Allow to dry.
- Die-cut Scallops edging. Adhere to patterned paper. Attach music paper to page, then adhere lace to music paper.
- Stamp sentiment onto paper and tear out. Brush edges with distressing ink, touching edges with water if desired. Attach to page.
- Stamp clock onto vellum paper. Apply Sizzix Adhesive Sheet to back of clock. Cut out clock. Peel back Sizzix Adhesive Sheet and attach clock to page.
- Die-cut Caged Bird and Hardware Findings from various cardboard-backed papers. Die-cut Bird again from paper only. Add "aging" to all pieces except Bird Cage with distressing ink. Piece Bird together and glue in place. Add rock candy glitter to key. Tie button, key and pin onto Hardware with thread. Add brads and attach to page.
- Shape Cage slightly, then attach to page using foam dots.
- Cluster branches together and tie with thread. Leave a small tail on thread. Add moss and adhere to page. Tie netting into a knot and attach to branches. Die-cut Ticket Strip out of cardstock. Stamp Ticket. Trim. Punch hole in top of ticket and attach to branches with remaining thread.
- Die-cut Tattered Florals from paper. Distress with distressing ink. Layer and adhere to branches. Add thread to button and attach to center of Flower.
- Die-cut the word "BE" from Vintage Market Alphabet. Adhere sentiment to page. Adhere pearl drop and button to page.
- Cut slits or punch holes in top of Ornate Square. Thread ribbon loops through holes and adhere ends to back side of Ornate Square. Tie two bows and attach to top of ribbon loops. Insert branch through ribbon loops.