Daddy's Girl Framed Layout
"Embellish your life" is Dena's motto, and that’s exactly how her legion of fans – who value friendship, home, family and self-expression – live. As President and Creative Director of Dena Designs, Inc., Dena has beautifully juggled the roles of designer, businesswoman and mom while crafting a hugely successful company and lifestyle brand generating millions in worldwide sales. Her wide array of products includes home décor and accessories, greeting cards, gifts, craft items, books and more.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 5PK - Labels, Fancy
Other Supplies: Frame, Cardstock, Patterned Paper, Double-Sided Tape, Fabric, Fine-Line Black Pen, Foam Pads, Hot-Glue Gun, Mini Stapler, Pink Rivet and Rivet Gun, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Pumice Stone, Various Self-Adhesive Gems, White Embroidery Floss, White Flower-Shaped Button
- Dismantle the frame and discard the glass. Cover the back board with spotty paper and adhere with double-sided tape.
- Die-cut several hexagon shapes from patterned paper and apply ink subtly to the edge of each one before adhering into position with a combination of foam pads and PVA. Use a fine-line pen to draw a broken line around another hexagon to add interest.
- Reassemble frame without the glass.
- Apply ink to the edges of a photograph. Attach photograph to frame on an angle with double-sided tape. Decorate with two uneven Circle frames created using different Circle Framelits dies and adhere with PVA.
- Use the Wanted Alphabet to die-cut the word Girl' from yellow cardstock and attach to a green cardstock die-cut Fancy Label.
- Cut out an uneven rectangle from striped cardstock and yellow cardstock and apply ink to the edges before adhering together as shown. Adhere this to the top of the green card Fancy Label shape before decorating with a pink rivet and mini staples. Attach all of these elements to your layout using foam pads.
- Using the Word Play Alphabet, die-cut the letters required to create the word Daddy's' from coloured cardstock. Attach these letters using a combination of PVA and foam pads cut into thin strips.
- Use the Mariposa Bigz die to cut out a small butterfly and apply ink to the edges before attaching with foam pads.
- Tie a flower-shaped button with white embroidery floss and attack to the butterfly shape using a hot-glue gun.
- Complete the layout by attaching a mixture of fabric and cardstock flowers made using the Bigz Flower Layers & Leaves die and then embellishing using self-adhesive gems.