Pyramid of Triangles Cradle Blanket
No matter your story, let Sizzix help tell it. With an ever-growing collection of essential quilting dies for amazingly precise cuts, there's bound to be a pattern to keep you endlessly captivated!
|1 1/2 yd total||Assorted prints||Cut (96) Isosceles Triangles|
Cut (16) pairs of mirror image Right Triangles
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|1 yd||Backing fabric|
|30" x 36"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 26" x 32"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Be mindful of directional prints.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange the Isosceles Triangles in a pleasing manner, 12 across by 8 down. Add Right Triangles to start and end each row.
- Sew 14 Triangles together to form a row. Repeat to form 7 more rows.
- Sew the 8 rows together to form the quilt top. Make sure the rows are in the correct order and are not turned upside-down. It is easiest to do this by laying out all the rows on a design wall or the floor, then carefully picking up the rows and sewing them together. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.