Autumn Leaves Patterning Place Mat
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
The die-cuts are so versatile and can be cut from a vast array of materials. These leaves have been cut from foam board that becomes 3-D when placed in water, making an ideal set of 3-D leaf stamps. The pupils can then use a palette of autumnal colours together with the leaf stamps to develop their awareness of colour and repeating patterns.
Themes: Education Collection
Dies used: A10162
- Die-cut some leaves from compressed cellulose sponge/pop-up sponge.
- Immerse each die-cut leaf in water to expand into a sponge for printing and leave the expanded sponges to dry.
- Cut some white/cream card to create the base for your patterned placemat — measuring 240mm L x 200mm W.
- Dip a dry sponge leaf into some paint and print this onto your card to create an autumn leaf pattern for each placemat, using different colours.
- Leave each finished placemat to dry; meanwhile, cut a rectangle to create a border around the pattern — measuring 260mm L x 220mm W.
- Mount the patterned place mat centrally onto its background using spray mount, taking care to create an equal border around each edge.
- Laminate the mounted place mat to finish.