Pink "A" is for Apple Quilt
Looking for a new way to spice up a little girl’s room? Look no further than this sweet quilt made using Sizzix quilting dies. Not only is this wonderful quilt a great weekend project, it can be made with 5" charm pack for a variety of color.
Artist: Cindy Surina, Guest Quilter
Theme: Quilting & Appliqué
|(30) 5" Squares||Assorted prints|
|1/4 yd||Pink with dark pink polka-dots print||Cut (4) 1 1/2" wide Strips|
|1/4 yd||Yellow print||Cut (4) 1 1/2" wide Strips|
|1/2 yd||"A" is for Apple print||Cut (4) 3 1/2" wide Strips|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|36" x 40"||Backing fabric|
|36" x 40"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 34" x 38 3/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange the 5" Squares in a pleasing manner, 5 across by 6 down.
- Sew 5 blocks together to form a row. Repeat to form 5 more rows.
- Sew the 6 rows together to form the quilt center.
- Sew the 1 1/2" pink border Strips to the sides of the quilt center first, then sew the top and bottom border Strips. Sew the 1 1/2" yellow print border Strips to the quilt in the same manner.
- Sew the 3 1/2" pink border Strips to the sides of the quilt first, then sew the top and bottom border Strips.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.