Pink "A" is for Apple Quilt
Looking for a new way to spice up a little girl’s room? Look no further than this sweet quilt made using Sizzix quilting dies. Not only is this wonderful quilt a great weekend project, it can be made with 5" charm pack for a variety of color.
Artist: Cindy Surina, Guest Quilter
Theme: Quilting & Appliqué
|Use one 30-piece 5" charm pack|
|1/4 yd||Pink dot print||Cut (4) 1 1/2" strips for border|
|1/4 yd||Yellow print||Cut (4) 1 1/2" strips for border|
|1/2 yd||"A" is for Apple print||Cut (4) 3 1/2" strips for border|
|1/2 yd||Pink dot print||Cut (4) 2 1/2" strips for binding|
|36" x 40"||Backing fabric|
|36" x 40"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 34" x 38 3/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt
- Lay out 5" charm squares 5 across and 6 down.
- Sew together in rows, forming the center unit.
- Sew sides of the pink 1 1/2" borders first, then top and bottom strips. Sew the yellow print border in the same manner.
- Sew sides of the pink print 3 1/2" borders first, then top and bottom strips.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip approximately 168". Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.