Tumbler Table Topper
Can you top this? More than just a table topper, this project can also be used as a wall hanging. The tumbler die-cut shape is easy to sew together. Sizzix quilting dies are great for beginners and a fun shape for advanced sewers, too. To create with a variety of fabrics, use charm packs, trade with a friendship group, or use leftover fabric from your scraps basket.
Artist: Linda Nitzen, Sizzix
Theme: Quilting & Appliqué
|Use one 42-piece 5" charm pack||Cut (42) tumblers|
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|25" x 30"||Batting|
|1/4 yd||Navy blue solid||Cut (3) 2 1/2" strips for binding|
- Finished Size: 21" x 24"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt
- Sew fabric alternating tumbler shape right side up and upside down, 7 cross and 6 down.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.