You Make My Heart Flutter Card
Create this wonderful card for that ‘someone special’ in your life. Mix it up and die-cut a mix of patterned papers using the fabulous Tim Holtz Bigz and On The Edge Dies. Add in some technical twists, and you have a fantastic card.
- Using ivory base cardstock, create a card that folds slightly off centre as shown, making sure the card height measures greater than the width of the On The Edge die.
- Use spray adhesive to fix floral patterned paper to the inside front face of the base card and lined patterned paper to the front of the same face, then die-cut the right-hand edge detail using the On The Edge Ornate Die, folding back to reveal the floral patterned paper as shown.
- Add a strip of floral paper to the back inside face of the base card and use a bone creaser to create a smooth fold along the left-hand edge.
- Use spray mount to fix some patterned paper to chipboard and die-cut the Ornate On The Edge Die. Ink the edges of the negative to create the vertical edge along the left-hand side as shown, trimming to suit.
- Using contrasting papers, die-cut the Bigz Heart Wings Die, ink around the edges, use tweezers to gently curl the wings and assemble as shown. Add pearl gems to resemble gems in the crown and fix to the base card at a quirky angle using sticky foam pads.
- Make a phrase mount using the centre section of the On The Edge Ornate Die, cut once, then turn 180 degrees to cut again. Ink around the edges, creating the phrase. Mount as shown, ready to fix to the base card using sticky foam pads.
- Print the phrase ‘you make my heart flutter’ onto heavyweight tracing paper, ink the edges, then fix to the phrase mount using foam pads and add a pearl gem to each corner. Fix the mounted phrase to the card as shown to finish.
N.B. The featured base card measures 160 W mm x 150 H mm
Other Supplies: Cardstock, Chipboard, Foam Dots, Ink, Patterned Paper, Pearl Gems, Spray Adhesive, Tracing Paper