This is Jasleen here. I recently received my Big Shot Express Machine and I can’t express how incredible it is. Unlike the other Big Shot machines, Express machine is motorised and we can die-cut and emboss just at the push of a button. It makes the work so easy and that is what makes this a perfect option for everyone, including children or elders with limited dexterity.
For my today’s post, I made a set of three boxes using a die from one of the recent releases - the gorgeous Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set 2PK - Pretty Petal Box by Emily Atherton.
Card stock - grey, pink and white
Gold and silver glitter washi tapes
Ribbons, Vellum, Rhinestones and Pearls
- The pretty petal die set contains two dies, one is to make the main body of the box and the other one is to cut the intricate window design. This would give us a box which measures approximately 10cm high and 4cm wide.
- For making one box, we need two die-cuts of the main body, which can be easily assembled to form the complete box. Just one A4 sized sheet of card stock is enough to make one box. Pictures will illustrate this better.
- As soon as we obtain the two die cut pieces, fold along all the scored lines with the help of a bone folder.
- You may choose to keep the intricate window as it is or you can add a background behind it, like I did, by adhering a suitably sized piece of paper(covered with washi tapes here) behind the window.
- For adhering the pieces together, I preferred using white glue here leaving a scope for final adjustments just in case (which is not an option if we use a stronger glue like tacky tape here)
- For assembling the top, I used tacky tape (pic below).
- Here's how the finished box looks like:-
For decorating it, I added a white ribbon and a tiny floral die cut from Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set 9PK - Butterfly Lantern Item #661093.
Added the butterfly die cuts from Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Vintage Butterfly Item #661075.
Don’t these look pretty? Super easy to make as well. I think these would make a perfect option for giveaways as party favours.
I hope you liked this idea and will try the same. I’ll be back next week with a new make.
Have a lovely week !