Eclipse technique - Happy birthday Card - VIDEO
Hello, everyone! Anna is here.
Today I am sharing an Eclipse technique - Happy birthday Card. I made this card in a snap, using my Big Shot and one die set. Below you find a list of all the used materials! To see how all of this is done, you can follow my step by step tutorial.
You Will Need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (Limited Edition) (Blush) (663700)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 37PK - Pop Art Uppercase (663310)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours) (663007)
- Sizzix Accessory - Stamper's Secret Weapon (659880)
- Sizzix Accessory - Multi-Tool (662875)
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit (662225)
- patterned paper (Prima - Anna Marie Collection - 6x6 Paper Pad)
- clear stamp (Kaisercraft)
- ink pad
- Crystal Drops (Tonic Studios Nuvo)
The technique of this week is the Eclipse Technique. The name of this technique comes from something we rarely see: a solar eclipse!
I didn't make may cards of this type but they are fun to make and I love how easy it is to spell all sorts of messages with Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 37PK - Pop Art Uppercase.
As cardmakers we get this effect by taking a piece of paper or cardstock, diecutting a shape from it and placing this back to its place but with added height. This raised part gives it a special effect.
My card base is ligth pink. Above I mounted a rectangle of floral patterned paper. The "HAPPY" has been eclipsed and I stamped the sentiment "birthday" directly onto the paper.
Check out my video tutorial to make an Eclipse technique - Happy birthday Card!
Here are some pictures of the step by step:
Until next time, happy crafting!