This week I have made a project from something that started off as a tester for my inks! It's funny how you can make lovely projects just from bits of left over paper!
This week I received some new ink sprays. After mixing them with water I wanted to test them, after all no crafter wants to wait to use a product!
Once I had finished testing I decided to make a project using the card i had been testing on!
Here is how I did it:
Gold Gilding Wax
1. This was the piece of card I was testing inks on! Literally just spray the inks, let them run and dry with a heat tool.
2. Take the Delicate Feather die and die cut 2 feathers from the inked card.
3. To give the feathers a dipped look add gold gilding wax to the ends.
4. Die cut 2 flowers from the inked card and the base from white card. Add gold gilding polish to the base and layer together.
5. Take some twine and tie 2 bows. Adhere together.
6. Adhere the feathers and flower to the twine and add a wooden button to the centre of the flower.
7. Using a hot glue gun adhere the embellishment to the lantern.
Considering this started out as a piece of practise cardstock it has now made a beautiful piece of home decor.
I think this just goes to show how we are right to never throw anything away!!
Until next week ...